RE: IBM i CMS that supports tables with OmniFind indexes built over them

fixed

We're going to be looking at allowing the use of OmniFind as a full text option for our Webdocs i Edition.

We use Lucene in our WebDocs Windows Edition software.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

------------------------------

message: 2
date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:35:56 -0500
from: Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: IBM i CMS that supports tables with OmniFind indexes built
over them

All,

I'm curious as to rather or not any of the IBM i CMS vendors support
OmniFind Text Search Server for DB2 for i(5733-OMF optional part of the OS
available at 6.1 and higher)

When you create an OmniFind text index over a column in a table, Omnifind
creates 4 library objects..

An SQL View (*FILE LF) and 3 SQL triggers (*PGM) over the indexed table.

There's a couple gotchas for CMS vendors,
1) The source for the view requires a qualified SQL table name, example:

call sysproc/systs_create('MYLIB','TEXTIDX'

,'MYLIB.TESTTABLE(DESCRIP)','') ;

2) The triggers are "system triggers" and trying to retrieve the SQL source
for them results in:

SQL150A 10 System trigger QDBTS_DQDBTS_STAGING_000_5000 in MYLIB
ignored.

As an FYI: the actual "text index" is in the IFS.

So, has anybody with a CMS had any luck integrating OmniFind?

I'll start the off the list. The current (v7.7) of Aldon LM(i) does not
support OmniFind.

Thanks!

Charles