Some good ideas here! Thanks guys!

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM, DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sure it would be live! You are thinking back up from the production
server while users look at the replica. I'm thinking users are on
production while backups happen on the replica. This way they see
current 24x7.

Remember that there are versions of Mimix for example that don't support
rolling back and are less costly. Also if you don't intend for the
backup server to ever be live it needn't have the CPW, Memory or Disk
arm count of production, just enough to store everything, keep up with
replication, and do backups.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com