Sue,

To be clear you would expect performance to be unpredictable if you DID Mix SSDs and Spinnys in the same enclosure (and thus on the same SAS port)

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com

On 10/23/2013 9:25 AM, Sue Baker wrote:

DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Wed, 23 Oct 2013
00:44:16 GMT:

Isn't this why we never mix SSDs and Spinny disk in the same
drawer so that they are not on the same SAS Ports?

No, the rules about not mixing SSDs and spinnys in the same disk
enclosure are more related to testing by development. If I were
to attempt, I would expect such a configuration to function but
with unpredictable results from a performance perspective.