System is V5R4M0. Moving to eithr 6.1 or 7.1, depending on the whim of a
vendor. Not sure when. As I understand it, money was spent to extend
service on v5r4. I know nothing about the details - I am too far down the
food chain. A drop dead date from IBM that can be extended? Just
confusing.

I tried your suggestios on DSPPTF OUTPUT(....). Nothing for IPL action or
action pending.

When I weded out Permanently applied and Superceeded, this was all that
remained:

5722SS1 SI41557 Save file only
5722SS1 SI41456 On order only
5722SS1 SI41112 On order only
INFOAS4 II12302 Cover letter only

I am wondering if CPD35F8 is like that message in PDM "Information about
new tools - press F1 for details".

Under GO LICPGM option 50, I changed the start date to go back two years,
if possible.

Nothing there except:

Apply PTF started.
Applying of PTFs for product 5722SS1 completed successfully.
Applying of PTFs for product 5722ST1 completed successfully.
Applying of PTFs completed.
Server IPL required.
PTFs applied or removed during IPL.

There are two SCPF jobs. Status of OUTQ entered system 4/23/13 and status
ACTIVE entered 8/28/13.

Saw a lot of object moved, ptf successfully applied, trigger program
removed, trigger added
.

The running CPF has MCH3402 from program #sv14ckp to program QTNEND "Tried
to refer to all or part of an object that no longer exists."
But, that is the second message in the joblog. First is that Subsystem
QSYSWRK in library QSYS being started.

Nothing else looked odd.

John McKee