IBM didn't much care that the bind level was obsolete. Maybe fixed in
some future release. They don't normally update bind with PTF's. They
said they did do so in the past once. I told him that it sounded familiar
and I was probably the one who pressed the issue that time.

They did kind of change their mind when there were 13 vulnerabilities
listed (including denial of service attack). I emailed them the 13
vulnerabilities. These CVE numbers really get their attention. This is
actually something they can take to development. One of them was:

ISC BIND Query Processing Denial of Service Vulnerability port
53/tcp
QID:
15083
Category: