I'll have to check on the Memory in the printer, but just about all the
Sharps in this class use *HP8000. This printer is not in the list of know
Sharp printers but other than this overlay issue it appear to be fine

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM, franz400 <franz400@xxxxxxx> wrote:

How much memory is in the new Sharp versus old one & the Lexmarks?
Also, is the config on system the same or was it altered for the new model
(and did someone check the IBM docs for Sharp Printers for the best config
-
it's not always the same... The new printer

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas154255e0ec5a3c13f862569c10075ddb4

Jim Franz
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kirk Goins" <kirkgoins@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange-L" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:43 PM
Subject: Sharp MFP and Printer Overlays is DOG SLOW

A client recently swapped out his older Sharp MFP for a new model.
Standard
Text only reports print just fine. Their PickTickets use an Overlay (
prob
created in MS WORD) to provide a LOGO and other wise make it pretty. The
printer prints the first page, pauses for several seconds ( 10 or more )
and the prints page 2 or the next job in the queue. The Previous printer
and 2 new Lexmark printer print the exact spoolfile normally.

Anyone seen this before and is it fixable?

--
Kirk
list