Re: Parse Spooled Files

fixed

hi Dan,

In recent releases QShell has a 'catsplf' utility that can be used to read a spooled file (which in turn could be piped to the grep command.) Unfortunately, I don't think this existed at V4R5. (Though, it might be worth going into QShell and typing the catsplf command to see if it exists.) It definitely exists at 7.1, however....

$ catsplf -j 123456/MYUSER/MYJOB SPLFNAME SPLFNO

You would need to get a list of the spooled files, though, you'll need the jobid, spooled file name and spooled file number to use catsplf (or CPYSPLF for that matter.) A simple way to do that in a one-off program might be to use WRKOUTQ command. If you run this via QShell, it'll automatically take the *PRINT option and redirect the spooled file to the screen, so from QShell, you'd do

$ system 'WRKOUTQ OUTQ(The-OutQ)'

You'd then need to write a loop to spin through the output of that command, which would be pretty easy to do in a shell script.

-SK