On 07 Jun 2013 13:38, Jon Paris wrote:
Was going to pose this as a question but thought others might want
to know the answer too…

Is there an index somewhere of the code samples etc. posted to
code.midrange.com ? Seems to me it would be useful but I can't see
one.

I did the following search a few times, though always adding some specific criteria to try to pare down the results; but without any additional criteria, I presume all available entries may be listed even if not /indexed/ in any particular manner:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acode.midrange.com

I have also searched indirectly... web search of messages on the archives for discussion about what I am interested [e.g. an API name], then including in that search "code.midrange.com". This approach might get me to a code example which does not actually include the API call, unlike searching the code.midrange.com specifically for the API name.

My understanding of the intent of that location as a /scratchpad/ is that an index it not entirely compatible with the concept. That is, the code may have defects that someone has asked for help in solving... and thus such code examples do not serve as a good source for reviewing or copying. Ideally finalized code would be stored in an indexed manner somewhere [else]. There are other sites that do so; serving as a place to store what is considered finalized code. Unfortunately most such sites zip\compress\save their source, so they are not directly capable of being searched; e.g. being searched, for an example of the use of a particular builtin or API or ...