Re: Long SAVSYS

fixed

Jim,

I agree that people do need to look at the tape error report from
PRTERRLOG. And if they have a bad tape dispose of it. I just want to
make sure they're solving the right problem: bad tape(s) or bad drive?

From their perspective these tapes are not $1.98 a piece. We put in a
request to go from LTO3 to LTO4. One of the requests was for $20,000 for
used LTO4 tapes. We buy them by the hundreds. With the numbers looking
abysmal, the whole sales team called in to reprioritize, the CEO gone, one
programmer just retired, one help desk person (EXCELLENT!) having her last
day next week and one 15 year systems analyst leaving at the end of May,
with no immediate plans to replace them I'm thinking that now is not the
time to throw a tantrum for my new toys.