Rob,

All true! However most folks don't have the time to mange their tapes that way. While your experience with tapes is good there are folks that have bad tapes and don't find out until a recovery test. Fortunately a recovery test is a learning experience so they just get new tapes.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects