Re: SQL: how to filter out spaces in fields defined as packed numeric

fixed

On 11 Feb 2013 09:29, Stone, Joel wrote:
Yikes there are over 100 columns in this file. Any way to accomplish
WITHOUT naming almost all columns?

Also I need to copy each record AS IS, without dropping any columns.
I want to drop entire records with any bad data, but other records
must retain all columns.

As I had noted in another reply, no need to name the columns. Also using the hint about the SQL DDL creating a TABLE that prevents bad data going in [from yet another reply], the CPYF can be used to copy the data with ERRLVL(*NOMAX) to copy the valid rows into a TABLE created with an /equivalent/ record format; sufficiently equivalent for whatever are the needs, even if FMTOPT(*MAP *DROP) is required on that CPYF request.