I have a file with hex '40' spaces in a field OrderQty defined to DDS as pack numeric.

I am using SQL to read the file and SQL croaks when it reads these nasty invalid records.

Is it possible to filter out these records in SQL?

For example something like:

SELECT * from Datafile where left(OrderQty,1) = *blanks

Here is the SQL error:
Data mapping error on member SQLTEMP1.
A data mapping error occurred on field OrderQty in

1 -- There is data in a decimal field that is not valid.

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.