On 10 Feb 2013 04:06, Jack Kingsley wrote:
How do you go about changing the private authorities when you do a
SAVSECDTA.

The same way that is accomplished when not doing a SAVSECDTA ;-)

Joking aside, perhaps the intended question was about /restoring/ the Private Authorities when Save Security Data [or SAVSYS] had been used. In that case the serious reply is to use Restore Authorities (RSTAUT) after Restore User Profiles (RSTUSRPRF). That is part of a standard system recovery.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzaiu/rzaiurzaiu139.htm
_i Saving security data i_
"This information describes the commands that save user profiles, private authorities, authorization lists, and authority holders.

Use the SAVSYS command or the Save Security Data (SAVSECDTA) command to save the following security data:

* User profiles
* Private authorities
<<SNIP>>

_Saving private authorities_

You can save private authorities for objects using either of the following methods:

* Use the SAVSYS or SAVESECDTA command. When you restore the data, specify the Restore User Profiles (RSTUSRPRF) and Restore Authority (RSTAUT) commands to restore the private authorities along with the data. This method is recommended for recovering an entire system.

* Use any of the SAVxx or SAVRSTxx commands with the PVTAUT(*YES) parameter to save private authorities for objects. When you restore the objects, specify PVTAUT(*YES) on the RSTxx command to restore the private authorities for those objects. Although saving private authorities increases the amount of time it takes to save the objects, it simplifies the recovery of the objects. Using the PVTAUT(*YES) parameter is recommended for restoring specific objects, but it is not recommended for recovering the entire system or a large-scale recovery of user data.
..."

the default is no.

Presumably that alludes to a default of *NO for the Private Authorities parameter for the SAVLIB, RSTLIB, [SAVOBJ, and RSTOBJ] commands and save API(s).?

The recommendation against using PVTAUT for saving\restoring private authorities is warned in the above snippet of doc, but I see no explicit statement of the conspicuous issue for Authorization List (*AUTL) objects.