Pre-create the save file and replace
the ".savf" with ".file" on the name specification.
Sounds a lot like
Doing all that BS we used to have to do with namefmt 0, like making sure
the save file already exists and whatnot doesn't help.
But maybe I misheard you. So I verified I used .file instead of .savf
250 Directory changed to /qsys.lib/rob.lib
locsite namefmt 1
Client NAMEFMT is 1.
Local working directory is /QSYS.LIB/ROB.LIB
200 Command TYPE okay.
229 Entering Passive Mode (|||24356|)
150 File status okay; about to open data connection.
Unable to send data to server.
551 /qsys.lib/rob.lib/rob: Error on output file.
501 Invalid character in command