Re: IFS, not quite Integrated Was: Unix??? was: ftp: mget specifying path names

fixed

On 01 Feb 2013 11:45, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
The ftp server I am replacing the IBM i native ftp server with does
not support the /qsys.lib part of the IFS.
I can do a
put /mypcdir/downloaded.savf /someIfsDirectory.dir/downloaded.savf
but I can't
put /mypcdir/downloaded.savf /qsys.lib/mylib.lib/downloaded.savf

Doing all that BS we used to have to do with namefmt 0, like making
sure the save file already exists and whatnot doesn't help. Gives me
a invalid character error even though you can use dots and slashes
outside of the qsys.lib file system.

The ".savf" file extension for the /qsys.lib file system is an extension of the IBM i FTP server. Pre-create the save file and replace the ".savf" with ".file" on the name specification.

put /mypcdir/downloaded.savf /qsys.lib/mylib.lib/downloaded.file