Was the message CPI2284 issued during that IPL? Does that message or
CPI2283 show anywhere in the history?

Nope. Neither of these appeared in the log. I did notice that the QAUDENDACN was set to *NOTIFY but I couldn't find any messages to signal it was having a problem.
The QAUDCTL stayed at *AUDLVL and *NOQTEMP, the system didn't change it to *NONE .

". There may even be a VLOG specifically for the LIC request to
stop auditing"

I have not done anything with these logs in the past but may take a look. I'm not sure if I'm going to know what I'm looking at if I do get the logs.

As I mentioned earlier, you'd think something as critical as that, the system would be squawking to QSYSOPR's message queue.

Mike Smith

Confidentiality: This transmission, including any attachments, is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). This transmission may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The use or disclosure of the information contained in this transmission, including any attachments, for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception of this email is a violation of federal criminal law. If you are not an intended recipient of this transmission, please immediately destroy all copies received and notify the sender.