I have eleven different tape drives on my POWER5 machine "Frankie V" and even *I* don't have a 9 track drive. :-(

As to the "A" vs "B" models (and this is from memory now) it seemed there was MORE stuff in the "A" model including pass-through connectors for the Bus/Tag cables. The "A" had the controller logic while the "B" did not. Of course I could be recalling the 8809 drive in this regard... so many cable pictures jumbled up in my head....

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis