RE: PWRDWNSYS

fixed

Well, I disagree that even a PWRDWNSYS *CNTRLD even completely flushes
cache.

But, more importantly, I disagree that the save commands are invalid
unless cache is fully flushed. A save saves an object. The OS doesn't
care if the object is in cache or on disk. It saves the object. It's not
like the save says "let's go read the VTOC and save sectors x-y associated
with this object and write those to tape". Now, if your CE is doing a
gig-mig to do a drive migration that may be a little different. Heck I
would be surprised if the save didn't use the cache itself to speed up the
save process.