the SQL statement is: SELECT * from Table(Users()) x;

I tried this UDFT User Defined Table Function. It was great at
returning a list of User-Profiles and the User's names.
But as I suspected, this generated messages in security logs.
What showed up in security logs were CPI2246 errors, in the format of .
. .

1/14/13 10:15 AF CPI2246 User PROGRAMMER not authorized to object

So I will go back to using the Profile Swapping APIs of QSYRUSRI to read
current user profile and QWTSETP to reset the user profile when I have
to list all user-profiles.