Maybe someone on this list can point me in a good directions here...

We have a situation where we are trying to enforce certain processes via
requiring leadership passwords to complete certain functions. These
passwords are either being stolen or given away, and the net result is
that we have mis-shipments and long angry meetings with customers and
mgmt.

So I've been tasked with improving on this situation, and one idea that
has been proposed is using 'security tokens'. (one time password
devices) and handing them out. That way the only way a 'password' for
this function could be stolen would be by the device being pilfered, or
it being deliberately given to someone, and both of those cases would be
obvious enough for it to become a discipline issue.

In any case, whatever solution we pick will have to be compatible with
the handhelds in use, and usable at any location in our facility. (in
other words, thumb scanners are out)

My question is if anyone has deployed anything like this alongside an
RPG/5250 software system? And if so, can you give info on what direction
your took and what potential vendors we could start asking?

George Kinney

I.S.

NEX Transport, Inc

gkinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gkinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>