If you hadn't told me, I would have assumed that this cost money, and it isn't until you are well into the registration that you actually find it is free.

And I missed any publicity about it. Presumably I got something in an e-mail, but I've gotten quite a few recently and assumed it was about early bird registration and probably ignored it.