Re: Promoting IBM i

fixed

Very reasonable idea.

Until you realize that 98% of folks that unpackage and install the systems; A) never look at any of the documentation sent with the system, and B) those folks are rarely the end user, mostly they are the business partner or other outside consultancy that has been hired to install the system. Unfortunately we have learned this lesson with COMMON, other users groups and a number of software vendors that have tried that technique. It's also expensive for IBM to stock and insert them into the packaging. I'd rather IBM spent that money on more productive things.

I do agree with the sentiment expressed, logistics not withstanding.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 12/14/2012 6:57 AM, Jack Kingsley wrote:
Why don't they ship some of these out with new system sales.