I don't know where you're getting your "decade ago" information.
SEU supported RPG enhancements in IBM i 6.1. I believe they weren't going to, but then they did.
From a programmer point of view, SEU stopped being up-to-date with RPG functionality on 4/13/2010 with the release of IBM i 7.1.
I got the 4/13/2010 date from: http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/History_of_OS/400

-Kurt
-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gqcy
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:55 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Software Vendors (And US too) - A small rant

Nearly a decade ago...

On 12/12/2012 2:51 PM, Bob P. Roche wrote:
Which IBM already has stopped doing.

From:
Paul Fenstermacher<PFenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:
12/12/2012 02:49 PM
RE: Software Vendors (And US too) - A small rant Sent by:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm going to jump in, make a quick comment, and then get the heck out. Too
much work to do right now to continue reading all these posts. RDPower is
a very expensive tool meaning most companies will not be moving to it
until they are forced by IBM when IBM quits adding features in SEU.

Paul Fenstermacher | Sys/NW Admin,Sr | Corporate Systems - POWER Systems
Administration | Jack Henry& Associates, Inc.(r)
663 West Highway 60 | Monett, MO 65708 | Ph. 417.235.6652 | x177389 |
pfenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx