Software Vendors - A small rant

fixed

Note to software vendors: If you want me to consider your software for the IBM i operating environment running on Power Systems, please do not call it, iSeries, AS/400, System i, or my personal favorite System/38. Clearly if you don't know the name of the system your working on I cannot trust your software. Most of the vendors monitor this list and don't hand me the line: "That's what our customers call it....." Don't correct the customer but always use the correct terminology when you are speaking and guess what, they will start using it too....

What brought this rant on? Three calls today from vendors asking if I would like to talk about their iSeries or AS/400 products..... Geesh.. Now I'm starting to sound a bit like Trevor without the accent.....

I'll be quiet now.