Has anyone had success using QNTC and Domain Shares? (we are at V5R4)

We have an internal domain share \\mydomain.com\iseries\iseriescsv
<file:///\\mydomain.com\iseries\iseriescsv> where we drop files from the
iSeries. This translates into a windows server directory
\\myserver\iseries\iseriescsv <file:///\\myserver\iseries\iseriescsv> . My
network admin wants use the Windows Domain Share so that target folder can
be moved to anyone of various servers for maintenance or Disaster Recovery.
When I try to execute 'WRKLNK '/QNTC/mydomain.com/iseries/iseriescsv' I get
the error:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPFA0A9 Severity . . . . . . . : 40

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 12/08/12 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:25:43

Message . . . . : Object not found. Object is

Cause . . . . . : Object /qntc/mydomain.com/iseries/iseriescsv, or a

in the object path, could not be found, or its type cannot be resolved by

this function.

When I am using Windows Explorer I can find the folder without trouble.

When I use the Windows server name in QNTC it works fine too.

I would like to be able to use the domain share name.

To add a little more information..

When I do WRKLNK '/qntc/mydomain.com' I can get to the server in question
and I can get to the SERVER shares, but not the DOMAIN shares.

Any help will be appreciated.

Paul Therrien

Andeco Software, LLC

Related ...