go ptf
option 8
from *service and the rest as you usually do.
Best regards,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Thomas Garvey <tgarvey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did not download an image. I selected the option to download direct to my
system, after which it asked for my system's IP address, and a User ID and
password. It took hours but finally finished.

Using WRKIMKCLG shows nothing, so apparently it didn't go into an image
catalog. There are a LOT of SAVF in QGPL though, with very current dates
(11/27/12). That must be them, but don't know how to apply them.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Essinger
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:53 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Applying TR5

Did you download an image? If so;

You may already have an image catalog:

WRKIMGCLG -> Will show you existing catalogs.

put the image into the correct directory for the image catalog. A 2
(change) will show you the name of the directory associated with the image
catalog. I use a directory of the same name as the image catalog to avoid
confusion.

Once the image is in the directory, load the image ADDIMGCLGE using the
TOFILE Option of *FROMFILE to avoid having duplicate files.

Load the image catalog to a virtual device (mine is called OPTVRT01).
After it is loaded you can then access the drive on the install PTF
options.

Jim