Re: V5r4 Upgrade

fixed

A smaller 520(4 drive-8gb) can be done in about 8 hours but the ptf process can go on forever.
Assuming no major glitches, a weekend ought to do it.

The above is a very basic system running all rpg apps, and no lpars, no web stuff.
The more complex, the longer she will take.

Make sure you are "very" current on ptf's and order the current cume for V7R1
a wee bit before the install.

Having a "in place" software support contract is also very important for those
nasty little surprises that do come up.