IFS File question

fixed

I need to read a 997 file that is in QSYS.LIB and write it to our IFS. The
file was created using CRTPF RCDLEN(512)

The field indata is defined with i-specs as 512.

I want to read each record, strip out trailing blanks, and write it to an
IFS File. I have Scott K's IFS Ebook on my system. I thought I would just
change the write statement:

if write(fd: %addr(indata): %size(indata))<1;

to use %trim(indata). The editor says the parameter for %addr is invalid.

I don't want to strip out embedded blanks, just the trailing blanks.

Do I have to read the data character by character and write it to the IFS?

Thanks, Jack