Aaaahhhhh....of course...it's the print writer's QTEMP that doesn't
have the page segment. Thanks Dan!

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Dan Kimmel <dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Each job has its own instance of QTEMP. It's accessible only from the job and once the job ends it disappears.

Page segments and overlays are merged by the print writer. The print writer runs in its own job. It has its own instance of QTEMP that is NOT the QTEMP of the job you ran to create the spool file.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:51 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Page Segments, Library List, QTEMP

Hi folks -

I have a program that produces an AFP file by combining overlays and page segments. Works well, been in production for years. I've changed the location of the page segments (for archival reasons) to QTEMP.
And, QTEMP is in the interactive job's library list. However, when I run the program and print the AFP spooled file, it's not picking up the page segment from QTEMP. When I CRTDUPOBJ from QTEMP to some other library in the library list, it's found and is printed. Anyone know if there's something different about QTEMP in this context? I'm using variable names for the page segment name in my program and printer file, and I'm not qualifying the name of the page segment. I do a DSPFD on the printer file and don't see anything that makes me think anything is hardcoded.

Thanks!

- Michael