Re: Pros and Cons of DB defined Referential Integrity Constraints

fixed

I can think of one reason to avoid putting RI in the DB: when you do not
have a clear object definition.  Very common in the "quick and dirty" world I
work in.

For some reason, this comment keeps popping up in my mind. I've tried mulling it over, but I don't quite get it. Does it have to do with OO languages and coding paradigms? I could see the point if a database layout was not clearly defined; don't put effort into RI constraints.