RE: connection issue

fixed

Hi Jeff,

I agree with Rob - DHCP would be better in your circumstance.

You could reserve IP addresses at each location just for that laptop...so it would always get the same address at each location..upside is the user wouldn't have to fiddle with the TCP config.

On the arp question - you should see the interface at the top i.e what the laptops IP address is assigned - if there was a conflict or another device was using that IP (250) then I thought that might have been your problem.

Trying it with both IP addresses on the laptop might have shed some light on the problem if something else was using it but you've done that.

Just my 2 cent worth..

Good luck.

Kev