I accidentally deleted this thread conversation, so maybe I'm missing the bigger picture here, but if this path interests you, check the authority on the logical QADBXFIL. I created a service program that would search for files using this table. When I first put it into production, I had authority issues while using the physical file QADBXREF. In the end, I somehow found that the logical file was not as restricted in authority. *PUBLIC has USER DEF authority, so it's possible someone at this company modified it at some point. It was enough for me to use it.

-Kurt
-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Birgitta Hauser
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:50 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: AW: Find files in any library

SELECT * FROM QADBXREF WHERE DBXFIL = 'YOURFILENAME' and DBXATR = 'PF'
ORDER BY 1

Better?

Worse!
All database information is stored in tables beginning with QADB* and are not accessible for everybody (programmer authority is not enough!) and this is good.
Catalog views (starting with SYS*) that provide information about the database are generated in schema QSYS2 and accessible for everybody.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." (Derek Bok) "What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training them and keeping them!"