Ethernet Max Frame Size

fixed

Our ethernet definitions still have the 1496 max frame size.
1Gb ethernets(2), v6r1 (but not fiber)
Would like to change to 8996 , but network side concerned the higher frame side
will affect
app performance with many .net apps accessing our db2.
We have heavy interactive use in day, and big data export nightly (which is why
the

idea to increase frame size).
Any thoughts on what would work best.
Jim Franz