BRMS Console Issues

fixed

I am wondering if anyone else is witnessing similar behavior. Scenario is:

3584 tape library: SCSI attached to Power 6.
Internal LTO5 single tape on Power 7.

BRMS console monitor started
Run backup with STRBKUBRM CTLGRP(OURSYSTEM) SBMJOB(*CTLSBS)

OURSYSTEM control group is identical to *SYSTEM except for the media class and move policy attributes.

The system submits the BRMS job to the controlling subsystem, but the message indicating the processing is started "BRMS console beginning request processing" is not issued and the system does not come to a restricted state, so the job just hangs at this point.

Most recent Cumulative and all groups as of 9/5/12, so really current on PTFs.

It is now happening on multiple LPARS on two machines, a Power 6 and 7 box.

At this time support does not have much in the way of an answer.

If this is happening to others I would like to get that on record as well.