The i and DHCP

fixed

Whenever changing the system values for naming devices, be sure to check
configuration files within your ERP system.
(In a large shop where system I operations is separate from application
support, sometimes these changes are not always communicated.)

Many ERP systems are configured to only allow certain user profiles to
log on only at certain terminal IDs.
Infor XA (the old Mapics software) comes to mind.

- John V

message: 4
date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 09:22:37 -0500
from: John Jones <chianime@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: The i and DHCP

In the mean time, on the i I would suggest making sure QAUTOCFG and
QAUTOVRT are set appropriately. On the client side, consider
configuring
the emulator to generate unique session names (QPADEVnnnn) unless your
environment requires static names.