We did the jump a few years ago. It went pretty smoothly. We have some terminals from Teklogix and some Wyse boxes that seem to have a problem with certain characters in the password fields. But really, it was quite smooth. Since those are both IBMi only devices, the people who use them just avoid special characters in their passwords. One of the terminals for some reason doesn't like lowercase...probably a bios issue but no support so we just make due until it can be replaced.

Follow the instructions in the book regarding reviewing your audit journal. Our third party packages were all patched before we even thought about going there.

From: Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Changing password level from 0 to 2 or 3

Yeah I can see that....which is why we're considering leaving the max
len at 10 at least initally....

But I'd like to hear that that will work at least...

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM, David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/28/2012 8:45 AM, Charles Wilt wrote:
We're considering moving from password level 0 to password level 2
or 3 on v5r4...

Be careful with using longer passwords ... some 3rd party products can't cope with them.

IBM i on Power Systems - For when you can't afford to be out of business

I'm riding 100km (62 miles) in the 2013 Chicago Area Tour de Cure to raise
money for Diabetes research and education!  Sponsor me by visiting
http://archive.ridewithdavid.com. ; Thanks!