Re: Obtaining a value from within a string using CL

fixed

Would you be open to using REXX?

There are several REXX wildcard string searches available on the Internet.

On 10/3/2012 11:48 AM, Alan Shore wrote:
Hi everyone
And before I forget (as I normally do) we are on V5r4.
Within CL, is there a way to obtain a string from the following examples.

1. /weborders/PP91055370.txt
From the above, I am looking for the value PP91055370

2. /ifsdir/PP91055370,tx
From the above, I am looking for the value PP91055370

3. /ifsdir2/PP9.txt

From the above I am looking for PP9

In other words, the values between (but NOT including) the second '/' and '.txt'
As always, any and all responses are MUCH appreciated.

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.