From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 11:51
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QOpenSys and the symbolic link issue

WRKSYSSTS should be smart enough to understand symlinks. It shouldn't be misreporting the disk space... If it is, I would report that as a bug to IBM, and they should fix it.

However, Windows tools are another matter. On IBM i or Unix systems, tools can easily tell whether a disk object is a symlink or an actual object. But, this is not true of Windows, which has no notion of symbolic links.

So... I wouldn't recommend using Windows tools for disk analysis on IBM i.