I have been investigating the issue of QOpenSys issue as described here: http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg062409-story03.html and the original article here: http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg041509-story03.html and it appears to cause misreporting of the available free disk space when you run wrksyssts by precisely 15 times the amount of data in /QOpenSys due to the recursive symbolic link.

Has anyone else experienced this?

When running windows based tools against the IFS this also causes problems because it traverses every symbolic link upto the maximum depth (15) and you end up getting very inflated disk usage numbers. In our case 88GB of disk usage that isn't actually being used.