Loaded question, but let's make some assumptions. First: We are talking about a Power Systems engineer and based on the list IBM i, correct? If so then I would recommend:

IBM test: 129 IBM i 7.1 Administration due out October 1
IBM Test: 121 Virtualization Technical Support for IBMi. That credential requires the test taker to pass the Administrator test as well. Also due out October 1.

There are V6 versions of the Administration exam, the virtualization exam is new at V7

If you get someone with the virtualization technical support credential, from an IBM i perspective, they will know their stuff.

There are several SMEs that monitor this list that help write the IBM certification exams, these two exams included.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 9/20/2012 7:20 AM, John Candidi wrote:
What would be the required certifications for a full blown network hardware/software engineer..Experienced?

John A. Candidi
American European Insurance Group
IT Systems, Application and Support Manager, CSO
Office (856-779-6915)
Mobile (484-645-5598)


This thread ...


Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page