Because the image catalog has to first be saved with *PRV release support.
does it? I thought you only needed to specify TGTRLS(*PRV) if you WERE
doing a save. I didn't think that changed the object; just the save file
containing the object. But it's been a long time since I've had a mixed
release environment.
I transfer .bin objects using ftp from my PC to my i and it doesn't care
about TGTRLS(*PRV). Why would that apply in an i-to-i environment? I am
thinking that if you bypass the whole save file then you get past that
*PRV garbage.

Well, you really don't have to recreate the image catalog on the target
system. I just leave it there all the time. All you have to do is rerun
the ADDIMGCLGE as I did in my previous email.