Folks, I just noticed that the SQL templates in my example for creating both functions, were slightly incorrect.

Both had PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL, and they both should have been PARAMETER STYLE SQL.

I apologize for this oversight. That's what happens when I copy comments from one module to a new copy.
"The defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors."
-- Henry Becque

Bravely sent from my Galaxy tablet phone.

Dennis Lovelady <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello, RPG folks.

I followed a discussion on midrange-l where someone wanted to find a
of digits within a table column using SQL. The discussion led me to
write a
UDF for i that emulates as much as possible the regexp_like function
available in Oracle. To that end, I have written and am now pleased to
share that via

Note that Scott Klement gets credit for the Regular Expressions header
(REGEX_H) that I got from one of his functions, eons ago.

I decided it would be good to share it on this list as well.

Simple compile hint and template for function creation are in the

Using that, if you wanted to find a string of at least 6 consecutive
(for example), you might do something like:

Dennis Lovelady

I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor

or email: RPG400-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
at ads help fund operations