RE: Budgeting to replace V5R4

fixed

Good points.

Third option on point 2 (ANYNET). Stop using SNA. We did. The easy
stuff was getting the last holdouts off of STRPASTHR and on to TELNET. A
nicely wrapped "Tough shirt, try ftp" was given to those fond of
SAVRSTOBJ. Along with an encouragement on our Change Management System.
We used to have a bunch of SNDNETF's back when we had multiple ERP
machines communicating to a central EDI machine but we had weaned off of
that long ago.

Point 3 (Domino). I suggest looking at
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/resources/systems_power_ibmi_lotus_releasesupport.pdf

None of these points are insurmountable. They just take some planning.
Just as ANZOBJCVN was not the only item mentioned in the 6.1 Memo to
Users. You're going to have stuff in the 7.1 also.

People, please RTM. The list is an aid, not a replacement for them.