RE: GENTRAN 6 Upgrade and CCSID

fixed

Sam,

Back on a V5R3 system I changed the CCSID system value from 65535 to 37 in
the middle of the day while users were processing orders. Some call me
brave, some call me brazen, some even fool-hearty (i.e., stupid), but it
worked. I did the same thing to my current employer's V5R1 system at
mid-day. No one knew what hit 'em.

That said, most people would change it during off hours. Bottom line: No
adverse impact. And the positive (probably among many) is that I didn't
have to explain to users why they had to check the bloody "Convert 65535?"
box in data transfers any more. My boss' ODBC connections never burped.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
If it looks easy, it's tough. If it looks tough, it's damn near impossible.