If you done with QRY could you RTVQMQRY to get the SQL statement? It might not be the best but if you have the working QRY it is a place to start.

Smith, Mike said the following on Fri, 9/14/2012 10:54 AM:
This may seem kind of odd. I'm trying to find duplicates in a file although they aren't technically duplicates.

Example Data --- the data below would result in duplicates being found.

101 120 MAIN ST AC
105 120 #MAIN ST SS
110 101 #FIRST ST SS
150 101 FIRST ST CL
Ive done this with query, but I can't seem to figure it out with SQL

What I want to do is find streets that have a prefix of (#) and determine if I have a duplicate address without the prefix of (#). Then listing all SITEID's and addresses that are dups.

I'm thinking this is a case for a CTE but I've not used them much.

Any ideas.
NOTICE: This message, including any attachment, is intended as a confidential and privileged communication. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.