Re: Gentran for iSeries.

fixed

Well.... that may be different... we're upgrading as well, and counting processor cores is affecting new software prices. I think that's legitimate, although the Ka-Ching is sometimes deafening! Most vendors are willing to negotiate (to a degree).

However, Gentran for i saying you need 2 cores has a different feel-- they're not asking how many processor cores might their product run on, but telling that you need at least 2 cores to get acceptable performance. That -definitely- sounds PC!

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx