I appreciate the idea but unfortunately, this won't help.

I could have 5 copies of spool file member XYZ, all dated six months ago, and 5 copies of ABC, all dated yesterday. I would need the utility to delete the 4 oldest copies of each, leaving the latest XYZ (from six months ago) and the latest ABC (from yesterday). I always want to keep the latest copy of a spool file, no matter how old it is.

But I think I'll file this away in my fevered little brain as something to look into (for other purposes) in the future.

Thanks.

~TA~