Aaron Bartell wrote:
I am putting together a form of research initiative that aims to quantify
*why* a non-IBMi tech person should consider or pursue IBMi.

Given that IBM has been steadily abandoning everything about the platform that differentiates it from other platforms (little things like 5250 data stream and Twinax, as well as big things like native record-level access, its close integration with RPG, and The RPG Cycle), and also given as how the latest versions of the OS are always putting up insulting, patronizing messages in the faces of those still using terminals and emulators instead of iNav, are there any reasons left?

I mean, other than, "It's not a Unix-type system, and therefore isn't constantly giving you enough rope to hang yourself (and helping you tie the knot)" and "It's not WinDoze, and therefore doesn't have security holes big enough to drive an aircraft carrier through"?

--
JHHL