Rob

You might consider adding a tool to monitor for growth, to tell you long before these thresholds are reached. This isn't a verndor response, BTW.

I'm aware of 2 - I wrote one for a former employer, called disk/HUNTER - it is now marketed by s4i - I forget the name. You basically specify %-reduction in free space - maybe 5 by default. You will get various actions when that happens, including comparing total space by user-owned, etc. This one wakes up every maybe 15 seconds and checks free space - it's very light impact on the system - my boss at the time is a brilliant guy, he came up with the mechanism. It does not do anything high-impact while monitoring - it may do a PEX trace, which can be intense, when a problem occurs.

Oh, yeah - I think Help Systems has one, too.

I think one of the regulars here wrote a free one - Martin Rowe - he calls it DASDMON, last I saw.

These utilities will catch short-term spikes - RTVDSKINF won't do that. We had a brief thread on this a while back - http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201007/msg00563.html

HTH
Vern