I know several people have asked the question on how to see the contents
of the IFS. The IBM solution is not very well done but I did find a new way
to at least look at and print out the contents using a little Windows program.

1. Download from C-Net http://download.cnet.com/TreeSize-Free/3000-2248_4-10139400.html?tag=mncol;1

2. If you don't already have, map a drive to the area of IFS in question
like '/root/home/patrick'

3. Open up the mapped drive using the TreeSize Free and it gives
a very nicely done layout of the entire folder and it contents with dates,sizes,etc.

Sort of like Windows Explorer on steroids.

I been playing with concept this morning and the results can be quite revealing.

Earlier I tried to open the entire folder system of directory '/home'
and that works also, but it does tend to be a good bit slower because I have
some folders with thousands of documents and it just takes time for the program
to count them up.

Is this answer to everybody's prayers ? ....no but it will help.

I'm still testing but it beats the hell out of what we currently have available.

Start with small directories till you get a feel for what it can do.

It also can produce a very nice printout of the contents.

(PS: David, I wasn't sure where to post this, so I used here to start)